Welcome to the LincolnLincs!

The LincolnLincs is the place for important information about school events, notifications, dates and deadlines and news about the Lincoln community.
Go to the "LINKS TO DOCUMENTS"section of the blog to download forms or documents discussed in the posts.

After more than 40 years, we're still the Greatest School in the Universe!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Intermediate 4/5 Teacher News from Mr. Sonju

We will be losing a Champion Educator as Megan Oswald will be moving to Duluth to teach at Marshall School. Megan has been an exemplary teacher, a leader in the InSciEd Out movement, lunchtime Math coordinator and chief volunteer, outstanding mentor every year, chaperone extraordinaire for Premium Opportunities, facilitator on LLT, Destination Imagination Coach, RAP teacher, tutor, example in positive energy and hard worker along with a being a friend to many.

Megan's last day in the classroom will be January 26th. We will sorely miss Megan as she has been truly a Champion for all students and an outstanding colleague. We wish her the best of luck as she enters her new challenge.

Please join in me in welcoming Kim Olson to the 4/5 and 7th grade math position. Kim comes to us from John Adams Middle School and will be an outstanding addition to our staff. Working with Kim in the past I can say she is an outstanding educator, positive, child centered, fun person that will fit very well with the Lincoln Way! Mrs. Olson will start work here at Lincoln on January 27th.

Some background from Kim Olson:
Hi! I’m Kim Olson (Mrs. O) and I’m excited to start teaching at Lincoln! I was born and raised in Rochester. I received my Elementary K-6 with Middle School Math teaching degree from Winona State and Master of Arts Education from Augsburg. In the past 7 years with Rochester Public Schools I have taught 6-8 math as well as 3rd grade. My husband teaches 5th grade at Folwell. We have two sons, Madden (2 years old) and Easton (5 months old). In my free time I love to run with my dog Lucy, play soccer, and play with my kids. I look forward to getting to know the amazing students, families and staff at Lincoln!